Last Updated: 14 November 2019
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
CampusLogic collects and retains personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by you to CampusLogic through the Site and/or Services. We will only process your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
We collect information about you in the following ways:
Information You Give Us. This includes the personal information you provide when you register to use our Services, including your name, postal address, email address, and other personal and unique information provided to CampusLogic based on your submissions and responses to questions asked of you throughout the Services.
Information We Get From Others. We may also get information about you from other sources, for example, your academic institution’s department of financial aid or the Department of Education. We may add this information to personal information we get from your use of the Services.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer or mobile device when you access our Site and/or Services. Please refer to the sections on Cookies/ Tracking Technology below.
2. COOKIE/TRACKING TECHNOLOGY
What are cookies?
We may collect information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience in the Services.
Cookies We Use.
Our Services use the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
|Type of cookie||Purpose|
|Essential Cookies||These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Site and to enable you to use some of its features. For example, they allow you to log in to secure areas of our Services. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services. These cookies are only used for the duration of your session accessing the CampusLogic services and are removed following completion of the session.|
|Functionality Cookies||These cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use our Services, such as remembering your login details. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you visit our Services.|
|Analytics and Performance Cookies||
These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our Site and how users use our Services. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor. The information is aggregated and anonymous. It includes the number of visitors to Site, the pages they visited on our Site, whether they have visited our Site before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our Site more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Site.
We use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. It is only used to improve how [our Site/Application(s)/Services] works. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies.
You can find out more about how Google protects your data here: www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of [our Site/Application(s)/Services] by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Services.
Do Not Track Signals.
Some browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We do not currently respond to do not track signals. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
2. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION.
We may use your personal information as follows:
- To fulfill a specific request by you;
- To operate, maintain, and improve our Site and Services;
- To manage your account, including to communicate with you regarding your account with our Services;
- To respond to your comments and questions and to provide customer service;
- To send information including technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- With your consent, to send you e-mails about upcoming events, promotions, and other news if you have given us consent to be added to the CampusLogic mailing list; and
At any time after opting into to receiving e-mails on the CampusLogic mailing list, you may “opt-out” by sending us a request at email@example.com. Please note that even if you opt out from receiving marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails, which include emails about your account with us and in connection with your use of the Services.
CampusLogic does not share, sell, rent, or trade personally identifiable information collected through its Services with third parties for their sole promotional purposes.
Sensitive Personal Data.
4. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION.
We may share your personal information as follows:
- Third Parties Designated by You. We may share your personal information with third parties where you have provided your consent to do so.
- Our Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers who provide services such as information technology and related infrastructure, auditing, email delivery, and other similar services. These third parties are only permitted to use your personal information to the extent necessary to enable them to provide their services to CampusLogic.
- Corporate Restructuring. We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- Other Disclosures. We may share personal data as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others.
5. ANONYMOUS DATA
6. THIRD PARTY SITES AND OPTIONAL SERVICES
Users of the Company’s SponsoredScholar service can opt in to access the Google Contacts API. By opting into the Google Contacts API, the SponsoredScholar service can read and import such user’s Google Contacts information and allows those users to send messages to those contacts directly through the SponsoredScholar service.
You may share personal information with us when you submit user generated content through our Services. Please note that any information you post or feedback you disclose to CampusLogic through the Site or on our Services will not be private or confidential once it is published on Site or through our Services.
If you provide feedback to us, we may use and disclose such feedback in our Services or on our Site without any reference to you.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
You can opt out of receiving communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may access the information we hold about you at any time via your account by contacting us at email@example.com.
You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal information.
You can download your documents stored in the CampusLogic Services at any time.
Erase and forget.
You can request that we erase your data. If you request that we erase your information, please note that your information may continue to reside on our backup systems.
9. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal data within our organization. Unfortunately, no transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at email@example.com.
We will only retain your personal data as long as reasonably required to provide you with the Services unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
Neither our Site nor our Services are directed to children under 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. CONTACT INFORMATION
You may contact us in writing at email@example.com or:
1340 S. Spectrum Blvd., Suite 200
Chandler, AZ 85256
Attn: Legal Department